Goodday. Last year July my partners fath...

Asked by Angel on 06-03-2021 18:39:18
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

Goodday. Last year July my partners father passed away whereafter her mother asked us to move to Gauteng to aid her when needed. She also promised my partner that she (mother in law) will give her (my partner) the home baking business so we will have an income. In this time we bought her car from her on downpayment as we can afford. In the past few weeks we have been threatened with her taking the car back. Slandered on Facebook and to anybody that will listen to her. It's at a point where we feel our lifes are in danger. Been kicked out for no reason. Shes taken the business out from under us. My partners middle child was brought her without our consent as we know shes emotionaly and verbally abusive to her. What can we do?

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.