I have a guesthouse in Colesburg. My ex ...

Asked by Adelej on 06-12-2022 15:17:34
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Northern Cape

I have a guesthouse in Colesburg.  My ex wife worked for me. After we got divorces she started working for the bookkeepers that did my books.  After huge issues I moved from bookkeepers.  My current bookeepers picked up that she drew up invoices for a company that used our accommodation with her own personal banking account number.  The company paid the monies into her personal account in the amount of R48 800. I kept on asking where the payment is and she claimed the company closed down and did not pay.  We have evidence that the money was paid into her account.  What do I do now? 

Message from the Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 08-12-2022 21:14:12

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

Well, either you can sue her in the civil magistrates court to get the money back, or you can lay fraud charges against her at the SAPS and ask them to arrest her for fraud.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.