Good day I'm Keneuoe Lerato Mathebula, 2...

Asked by Anonymous on 17-03-2021 12:49:12
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Mpumalanga

Good day 

I'm Keneuoe Lerato Mathebula, 22 years and currently unemployed..We were  planning on getting married year on my birthday but unfortunately the guy passed on ...He made me one of his beneficiaries on a policy as a Spouse though we weren't married yet ....Now I have a problem on claiming the money because his ex wife /wife ,I don't know what to her because the guy paid dowry for her years back (which I  believe  certifies her to his wife according to the law ?and they separated ....

I tried asking for the documents from the wife and children but they refused .....

I'd like to be advised on how I can go about this ,I really need to get those documents in order for me to be able to claim .

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.