I bought a Suzuki Swift GL,from a 2nd ha...

Asked by erika on 19-03-2021 02:53:47
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

I bought a Suzuki Swift GL,from a 2nd hand dealership for my sister Monika and paid for the car I full last week Thursday, we traded in her old Tata Indigo for R20k, so I paid in total R151,500 less R20k = R131,500. Monika, my sister took ownership last week Sat and handed in her Tata, she called me today saying the car is making strange noises, so she took it to Detroit,as she got a roadworthy certificate from the dealership from them, Dektra told her that the car was involved in an accident and the welding is poor workmanship, it is rusting, the car is not safe to drive. I have asked the dealership for my money back in full and to return the Tata to my sister. Mark from dealership told me he sold the Tata and cannot return the car and that he can only pay back my money in 3 weeks time as the dealership doesn't have the funds to return to me. Subsequently, he told Monika that she can drive the unsafe Swift for 3 weeks until he returns my money. I am not happy with this,we returned the car within the 7 day period and he refused to refund me or take back the car, I paid for the car last week Thursday and Monika received it last week Saturday the 13th March, please help, I would like to call this a day and get back my money on 19 March 2021. Regards, Erika Barocsi 

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 23-03-2021 14:26:43

Hi there Erika,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

Did you not take the Suzuki Swift GL for a road-worthy / inspection with DEKRA before you bought it? If not, why not?

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.