Hi my boyfriend bought his apartment yea...

Asked by Anonymous on 01-05-2021 12:35:14
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Western Cape

Hi my boyfriend bought his apartment years ago. And needed finance so him and his girlfriend at the time put both their names on the agreement. They broke up and he got a power of attorney letter where she relinquished all her rights to him and gave him a copy of her Id  document.

He has now just recently sold his place and done all the necessary paper work on his site but for FICA in South Africa  they need more information from her. The transferring attorney has contacted her by email requesting the documents they need and now she is refusing to send them as she is now married. What can he do and where to now from here. Please we are at wits ends here.

Thank you


If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.