Good dayMy name is Ashieqa Butt i am 33 ...

Asked by ashieqa on 11-10-2021 11:02:58
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape

Good day

My name is Ashieqa Butt i am 33 years old a single mother of 3 kids ages 14, 11 and 4.

My daughter is age 14 years old and i would like to get some advice how to deal with her dead-beat father whom has never supported her till now. Its her first year of high school and she needs alot i have raised her by myself. I have tried many times taking her to her father hoping that it will help him open up to her and accepting his resposabillities but unfortunately we were unsuccessfull.

His behind with maintenance like +-R30 000. I would just like him to pay his dues and be a part of her life as she is emotionally hurt because she longs for the love and connection from her father.

I am doing my best to be the best mom to our daughter but its not easy on me doing this alone.

Please help...

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 12-10-2021 22:00:33

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

Have you got a maintenance order in place regarding the maintenance?

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.