Good afternoon My name is Johannes Nkala...

Asked by johan308 on 24-07-2020 16:44:00
Question posted in the National Credit Act Law category relating to Gauteng

Good afternoon 

My name is Johannes Nkala, I am a foreign national based in Midrand.

I've been making a living off running and recently landed a role in a local Ad.

the company that did the advert production is Arcade Content.

The person I am Mostly in contact with is a gentleman named Will

After the acting was done and a contract signed I still have not been paid because I do not have a Tax ref number.

(I cannot get a tax ref number at the moment due to constitutional restrictions surrounding Asylum Seeker's Permits [regardless of the fact that it clearly states that I can work and study in SA the SARS does not process Tax Numbers using that mentioned document], therefore, they, Arcade, is not able to deduct PAYE).

I needed to cede control of that account/contract to someone with all relevant documentation whether it is an attorney or civilian so that they can act as my proxy through which I can access my payout.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.