My mother was married for 25 year. Her h...

Asked by Johan on 11-05-2021 14:20:50
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Northern Cape

My mother was married for 25 year.  Her husband died without a will.  Our lawyer draw-up a the division according to the law.  The total estate is worth +/- R850 000.00 My mother will get 50% of the estate and R250 000. form his side and his 7 adult children will receive the rest. We have agreed with the lawyer that we only want the house and that his 7 children may get the family plot and all the farming equipment.  My mother is 78 year old and the children don't want to sign the agreement.   Can my mother go to court and force the students to sign the agreement?

Please email to: ***BLOCKED-EMAIL-ADDRESS***

Further information relating to Question:


Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 16-05-2021 23:16:24

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

So the house and the family plot together equal R850k?

Who is the executor?

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.