Good day my husband has been dismissed f...

Asked by Jan on 10-06-2021 13:53:34
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape

Good day my husband has been dismissed from work on the 2 december2020 where we had a dispute hearing on the 09 June 2021 in the hearing he was not given a chance to speak the owner on the company and the director manger was there and from his side he had a Union Ntm rep where about they settled without even giving him a chance to defend himself and where they use personal issue s such as I don't work ...and that the company can only pay him two weeks payment of 8500 tax free ....he had all the evidence to prove his side and when he ask for albortain he was told by the ntm rep that it is better to settled that to walk out with nothing he didn't want to sign and the commisoner told him that everything is already in working on the computer and the ntm rep told him please sign because I want this case done today what do we stand to do because this right according to the labour law was taken away from him can a put in an appeal ..

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 12-06-2021 17:52:26

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

I think that he doesn't have a claim against the company, because he settled the dispute. 

If anything, he might have a claim against the union official for "forcing" him to sign the settlement agreement. 

But I don't think that he has a claim against anyone because nobody held a gun to his head and forced him to settle the dispute.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.