I would like to know how long a court ju...

Asked by Anonymous on 15-06-2021 12:05:41
Question posted in the National Credit Act Law category relating to Gauteng

I would like to know how long a court judgment lasts on my credit profile once it is paid up in full?

I am dealing with my body corporate and their lawyer has said its 30 years. This is on their official stationary.  

I was taken to court on one of 2 cases. The one the judge ruled and said I needed to pay the money. I did in full. As well as extra.

We asked the lawyers to remove the judgement as it was paid up and they issued me a letter on their letterhead stating I had honoured the judge's ruling in full.

Now I want to be on the body corporate as I feel they are not doing a good job. But the lawyers of the body corp sent the letter stating its 30 years.

I would like to know if this is true and if not, what law or information can I send stating they are wrong again?

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 17-06-2021 11:45:40

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

30 years.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.