Good evening. I am Sifiso Mngadi residin...

Asked by Mngadi on 20-06-2021 19:49:15
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

Good evening. I am Sifiso Mngadi residing in Soshanguve.

Two months ago I bought a car from someone where I traded my old car for my current one. I handed over my car and papers and took his car however I didn't get the car papers because I had to add money on top and I didn't have the full amount then. We then agreed that he'll give me the papers after he receives the last payment which I now have. He now tells me that the papers are with the guy he bought the car from and the other guy can't release the papers because he didn't finish paying for the car. I signed a contract with the guy I bought the car from. What can I do in this case?

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 22-06-2021 20:57:18

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

You've got a big problem here. 

Either, you go to this other guy and pay him the money so you can get the papers from him, and then you sue the guy you bought the car from for a refund.

Or, you cancel the whole deal and try to reverse it. 

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.