Hi. Someome made a case against me for D...

Asked by ZainC on 21-06-2021 17:15:03
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape


Someome made a case against me for DAMAGES TO PROPERTY.  But before all of this we had an agreement.  I told her i dont want cases against so to avoid that I'd rather pay her the ammount she wants. I gave her the ammount she want and i let her sign a paper which states that this is the last ammount..yet she went ahead and made a case. So how do i defend myself now

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 22-06-2021 21:04:48

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

You need to explain to the police that you resolved the issue with the complainant and paid her in full for the damaged property, and that you've sorted it out between the two of you, and is no longer a criminal case.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.