Good eveningHope you are well.I wanted f...

Asked by Tiehom05 on 02-07-2021 20:47:55
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

Good evening

Hope you are well.

I wanted for some advice in regards of a house agent not fullfilling his promises. We signed documents of him agreeing to finish our house last year December and if he won't be done with the house, he is going to pay us rent. We do have the domlcument ilas proof. Now he hasn't paid our rent for two months and the landlord wants to evict us. He promised us last week that the house will be finished by the end of last month (June). The house is still incomplete and he refuses to pay rent. Yesterday we called the attorney who is handling the money and complained about the agent and asked if it's possible for him to atleast tranfer us rent money from the agents commission because we getting evicted and we don't have anywhere to go. They said they'll try getting hold of him. The agent isn't answering their calls. He isn't answering our calls aswell. We don't know what to. We are so stressed because we paid everything cash but we the ones who are still struggling. We don't know what to do. Please advise

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.