Hi I want to know if you can help me i n...

Asked by Eureca on 23-09-2020 19:41:58
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape

Hi I want to know if you can help me i need to put my father's property into my name how can i do it

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 24-09-2020 14:13:56

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

If your father is still alive, he must sell the property to you. Any conveyancing attorney can assist you with this. The property would then be transferred onto your name at the Deeds Office.

I can't refer you to a specific lawyer, but I can direct you to Search through a list of 450 Law Firms, Lawyers and Attorneys who operate in Conveyancing Practice Area, where you can find a list of qualified lawyers in your area who will be able to assist you further!

If your father has passed away, you'll need to speak to the Executor of his estate or the Master of the High Court about transferring the property in terms of his Will.

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.