Good evening, I bought a stand with an R...

Asked by Phahlela on 08-07-2021 03:23:48
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Gauteng

Good evening, I bought a stand with an RDP  in soweto Johannesburg, the challenge is that I paid everything in cash but in the house there are people that are staying in there and I tried to speak to them with regard to moving out but seems like they do not want to move out, now the change of ownership is still in process, I want to ask whose responsibility to evict those people because they were given Notice but thy never move out. The house still belongs to the sellers on the system 

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 10-07-2021 22:24:34

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

Did the seller's get permission to sell the RDP house from the municipality? 

Why did you pay cash to the seller? Why didn't you go through a conveyancing attorney who would have protected you and your money?

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.