Good day. I was wondering, I have entere...

Asked by JayS on 22-07-2021 10:35:52
Question posted in the Landlord Tenant Law category relating to Gauteng

Good day. I was wondering, I have entered into a lease agreement via an agent for a property in Sunninhill. A week before the move things have started to slow down in terms of contact with the agent etc so I did some digging and it turns out the agent is no longer registered with EAAB. Does this impact the contract I have signed in any way? Is it nullified since he is not a registered agent? Does the contract between myself and the landlord still stand?

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 23-07-2021 13:46:24

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

Q: Does the contract between myself and the landlord still stand? --> Yes, I am almost sure that it would still exist. Did the landlord sign the contract himself, personally, or did the agent sign the contract on behalf of the landlord.

Q: Does the contract provide for the agent earning a commission from the lease?

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.