good dayThis is a deceased estate questi...

Asked by mandy on 27-07-2021 11:57:43
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape

good day

This is a deceased estate question.

The deceased was married in community of property. He is survived by his spouse and 4 children and he died intestate.

before the estate was reported to the master of the high court, the surviving spouse withdrew a huge amount of money out of the deceased's bank account. the children repudiated their shares. how do you deal with such in the liquidation and distribution account.

thank you

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 30-07-2021 11:07:37

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

You would need to include the money as an asset in the deceased's estate, but remember that there is a single estate, so the money would then be awarded to the surviving spouse!

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.