Good day I would want to seek advice , a...

Asked by Lintin on 07-08-2020 11:12:28
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Free State

Good day I would want to seek advice , a person called me on the 5th August and questioned me on my where about on the 31st July , the person then accused me of being in possession of false money and that their has been a case against me by a escort service for giving them false money . The person then said they would want me to give them R 6000 I told the person no I don't have money the person then wanted to know how much I have and where do I bank . The person then wanted me to pay money to them on E-wallet to their cellphone number . In the conversation I told the person lets meet somewhere cause then I would have called the police to assist . I ended the call with the person then blocked the persons number , the person has been calling me regularly ever since. Please need assistance

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 15-08-2020 22:11:30

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

This is a blackmail scam. Ignore the person and tell them to get lost. Tell them to get the escort agency to lay a complaint with the police and let the police handle it. It's all fake. 

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.