Good day, I am hoping to get assistance ...

Asked by Kelly on 03-05-2021 15:41:17
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Western Cape

Good day, 

I am hoping to get assistance on something please. I have an ex tenant who owes me rental income. It's from March 2020 to October 2020. He previously paid partial amounts, but has now - after signing a document stating that he will pay me by end of 2020 - has stopped paying. I do not expect the full amount, but rather would like him to keep to his commitment of paying it off. He has gone quiet and had paid nothing since September last year. 

Are you perhaps able to assist please? 

Thanks so much, Kelly 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.