Good day.In 2019 I've partnered up with ...

Asked by Ragheema on 20-08-2021 17:06:17
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape

Good day.

In 2019 I've partnered up with my ex who was my fiance at the time and we decided to purchase a house worth 1.2mil. 

I have all relevant emails and documentation in my emails to provide the necessary information to strengthen my case. I have made a personal loan for 188k to pay the deposit of the place and I've paid an amount of 25k for municipality fees.. The only amount outstanding was thr 47k for transfer fees which I didn't have and left it for my ex fiance to settle as it was the only amount required from him to pay given the fact that I've settled every other payment.. We also qualified for 80% bond but I don't see what the bond was useful for or where it was used or what the story was with that becauee it didn't cover anything..

The agreement was that he'd help me repay the loan as it was taken out for the house that we've both signed for.. I've already gone to small claims court and explained the situation and I was referred to see a lawyer because my claim exceeded the amount of 20k.. Before the purchase of the house which was literally a week he couldn't qualify for a contract because his credit was totally demolished and I helped him by taking out a contract with telkom and he was supposed to repay it but he never did..

We both worked on cruise liners at the time, so it's not even a  question of affordability, just a matter of him getting his credit back up... With which I helped him by paying off his accounts for him because we had plans of getting married and I didn't want his debt or money problems to affect me in the long run so I don't whatever I could to make out future better, little did I know I'd be stuck with much bigger problems now that's beyond my control..

I am married with 2 children now and I cannot register my marriage at home affairs because of this unfortunate situation I'm in because I cannot have my husband suffering from my past mistakes and choices. 

If there's any way you could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards.


If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.