Good day. I have recently practised fore...

Asked by Thapelo on 14-09-2021 17:17:49
Question posted in the General Law category relating to North West

Good day. I have recently practised forex online trading and I think I can use it to change people's lives in my township. Now my small research showed me that I'm going to need an FSP 2.12 license to trade people's money so that they make profit. The license reqires me to be having a finance degree, three years experience in trading people's money and proven track record. Now I don't have those requirements and persuing them will take me a very long time.

With all that being said, my business strategy does not include taking money from people. If I trade for you, I would use my own money so that you do not risk losing anything. Afterwards we will share profits as agreed. Now my question is will I be breaking the law if I practice that method using overseas brokers that are not regulated in South Africa? 

Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Thapelo Serekego


WhatsApp: 0784700643

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 15-09-2021 11:56:13

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

If you are using your own money to trade for other people, then I don't think that there is any issue. The licencing requirements is if you want to use other people's money to trade. 

But if you can make a profit, and if you are going to use your own money, why share with other people?

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.