I was a contractor for a large corperati...

Asked by Siva on 04-12-2019 17:06:24
Question posted in the General Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal
Question value: R 450.00

I was a contractor for a large corperation. That company took accusations from my employee without my knowledge and carried out investigations. Business relationship which was on a daily basis was terminated. When i enquired I was given the reason that investigations revealed crimes. When I enquired for proof, I was offered a dispute meeting. The accusations discuss at the meeting that resulted in the termination had no proof. The meeting could not be conclueded and was adjourned. The company startde fresh investigations. They could not find proof of any wrong doing by me. By e-mail I was then informed of a breach of trust and as a result of not being able to trust me they can no longer conduct business with me. I asked ofr proof of this breach of trust and I was directed to the comnpany lawyer. THe company lawyer states that the company does not wish to engage with me in this matter any further and that the clients rights are reserved. Do I have a case against this corperation?

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.