My wife and i seperated in May 2019 and ...

Asked by Anonymous on 14-02-2022 14:15:21
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to Gauteng

My wife and i seperated in May 2019 and there is a divorce proceedings on since that time. She sent me a e-mail confirming i can have 50% of her pension as well as one vehicle and her attorney also sent a official letter saying same which was never signed of.

Since then my wife withdrew her pension (in 2021 some time) and advised it was for debt. I have the debt statemtns as we were on debt review and nothing was paid. There are no assets to dilute so what is my legal right in terms of her pension fund?

She told me i can keep my pension fund but already agreed to split it with her when I sent my settlement request to her.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.