I want to Divorce my husband but he does...

Asked by Yvonne on 17-09-2021 11:23:57
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to Gauteng

I want to Divorce my husband but he does not have a Job or anywhere to go . He said that he will not give me a divorce and that he will make my life miserable if I do not give the realtionship another change . I have been the sole Breadwinner for about 4 years . We have a 15 year old daughter and I can not take being metally degraded everyday. I have had an affair in the past but it is over now. I need to find out what I should do because he said that I can not make him leave the house or sign divorce papers 

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 19-09-2021 14:13:35

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

You must kick him out of the house and apply for a divorce!  If he is abusive, you must apply for a Domestic Violence Protection Order from SAPS. 

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.