Hi my name is Kanisha Govender, i need l...

Asked by KanishaG on 04-10-2021 11:01:08
Question posted in the General Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

Hi my name is Kanisha, i need legal advice urgently, i was taking driving lessons with an instructor who passed away but before he did i paid him a full amount for a package he offered, so i paid him the Saturday 11/09/21 and he passed away on 13/09/21, immediately i spoke to his sister regarding my money and what will happen, she didn't respond then she said a few days later with me being persistent that all his accounts have been frozen and that i need to claim from his estate now that i am trying to get in contact with him she is not responding and she has not even given me any details of how to even contact her

Message from the Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 06-10-2021 19:20:28

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

You will need to put in a claim with his executor for the repayment of that money. Unfortunately.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.