I'm currently looking for legal advice m...

Asked by Alana on 10-10-2021 22:06:43
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to Western Cape

I'm currently looking for legal advice my lawyer is asking me for 15%of the pension payout I will receive on my husband pension fund but when I ask her the first time she sed it will be 7500 that I must give her 2500 deposit she sed that the remaining 5000 she will deduct from the pension pay out I gave her 2000 so far now they send me I mandate saying that they want to deduct 15% of the pension payout please help me

Message from the Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 11-10-2021 11:09:06

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

What are the charges for which the lawyer wants to charge you? What services are being provided?

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.