My son 15 was physically asulted by to b...

Asked by carolienr on 15-10-2021 16:44:51
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Mpumalanga

My son 15 was physically asulted by to boys about a girl, Boy "A" 15 years old came to the resident and lured my son out of the yard thinking they are going to the shop all friendly when my son and boy A turned the first corner there was a group of kids waiting they then walked to go to a shop half way to the shop boy A said he needs to talk to my son one side away from the group then another kid, boy "B" a 16 year old large built boy stood behind my son while my son was confronted by boy A about a girl.  Boy A took a chain and rapped it around his hand and made a fist and swung twice at my son, my son dodged the two hits (he is trained in MMA) Boy B who was standing behind my son grabbed his arms in a grip lock style where boy A started to punch my son with the chain rapped fist. Boy B started to lose his grip on my sons arms and he then grapped my son by the collar and pants lifted him in the air feet going up head going towards the ground and forcefully push or slammed him neck first to the ground and then started to punch my son in the face somehow my son pushed boy B away got up and left my son never even tried to punch them back he knows better because of his mma experience. i am going to the police to open a case of assult but would like to mmake a civil case aswell because it has cost me alot of medical bills and loss of income I had to take of from work to help my son.  what is my rights and what steps do i need to take  please help

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.