i was in talks with max law, somehow the...

Asked by Ronaldo on 26-10-2021 18:55:19
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape

i was in talks with max law, somehow the call cut after i had given them some info but not concent to debit from me. Out of the blue i get a notification that i approved a debt order from them. I would like to cancel that. 

Message from the Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 30-10-2021 14:27:16

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

MaxLaw Credit is a company that assists South Africans listed with Judgments, Admin Orders, Garnishee Orders, Defaults and those Under Debt Review. Essentially, they offer debt relief assistance. 

If you sign up with MaxLaw, you need to understand what you are signing up for, because some of the legal processes are very difficult to reverse! 

In order to cancel your MaxLaw service, you will need to contact MaxLaw directly and give them notice to cancel. 

Their call centre telephone number is 087 230 0200.

They also have offices as follows - 

276 Durban Road, Tyger Valley, Golden Manor Building, Ground Floor, Stellenbosch, Cape Town

021 880 6675

391 Anton Lembede Street, Suite 1004, Metropolitan Life building, Durban, 

031 410 0000

Menlyn Office Park 3, 223 Gobie Street, Newlands, Pretoria, 1st Floor, Northside, Gauteng

012 110 4036

Some of their services have a monthly fee, and you must remember that in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, you are entitled to cancel any fixed term contract by giving the supplier (MaxLaw) 20 business days' notice of cancellation. 

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.