Good Morning. I Have an Account on my cr...

Asked by Ettiene on 05-10-2020 10:58:15
Question posted in the Consumer Protection Law category relating to Mpumalanga

Good Morning. I Have an Account on my credit record that show i am in arrears with them. It is a DMC1 Company. I have tried many times asking them to prove that it is my account but no proof was given to me. They only said that a tracer made contact with me some time in 2018 or 2017 at an address but i wasnt even stayed at that adress in my life. Can a Lawyer assist me in removing this from my credit score as it is preventing me from getting credit.

Kind Regards


Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 07-10-2020 10:53:45

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

You need to lodge a dispute with the credit bureau who has listed the information as being incorrect information.

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.