My partner has been implicated in livest...

Asked by Patience on 26-01-2022 18:07:23
Question posted in the Criminal Law category relating to North West

My partner has been implicated in livestock theft. He assisted a colleague to collect his friends' cattle little did he know that thy were stealing them. Now the bakkie has appeared on CCTV footage and was taken for investigation. He gave the police statement that he did not know what was going on. Will my partner get arrested?

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 06-02-2022 22:52:47

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

Yes, he might get arrested, but he'll then need to make a statement to the police, honestly, and tell the police that he never knew what was happening and that he was just helping a friend. 

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.