I was married for 12 years divorced for ...

Asked by Anon on 28-06-2022 07:27:16
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Western Cape

I was married for 12 years divorced for 9 years, 2 kids, one hella crazy situation.

I want to know what am I liable to claim for? I see to my kids financially, I pay all the bills, my ex says his not liable to maintain me cz the kids are with him, I've been terrorized, insulted, derogatory names and accusations made abt me on social media, stalks me, knows my every move, i want peace, my freedom and half of what they say is theres. I've never needed to do this but im at a point where they are evil humans and i need to walk away with my pride but they ate going to pay for my life as well as my kids trauma they put us through

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.