Hi I got a number of a add site for call...

Asked by Calvin on 29-11-2022 11:45:48
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape

Hi I got a number of a add site for call girl and when they answered they just told me it's was a sex chat and started talking fast to me sex stuff and I then said I didn't need that and wanted a call girl and cut the call now I get a call from a United tracing solutions saying I owe them R1974 and should pay it by 12:00 tomorrow or they will take legal action against me.And they will call my wife with this matter.Can this be done

Message from the Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 03-12-2022 21:16:32

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

It sounds to me as if you've been caught up in a bit of a scam. Almost like an extortion scam whereby they threaten to expose you and demand that you pay money to them instead to go away. What you need to think about is whether these guys will ACTUALLY go away and leave you alone if you pay them, or whether they will just continue asking for more and more and more. 

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.