I want advice on a matter concerning a f...

Asked by Anonymous on 05-12-2022 08:09:56
Question posted in the General Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

I want advice on a matter concerning a fatal accident that killed my niece, which innvolves neglignently driven police vehicle. The accident hallened in august 2021, where a stationary vehicle was hit by a police vehecle killing amongst the victims my niece. Implecated police fled the scene on foot leaving the vehicle behind which was later collected by unknown police officers. The case was then reported to Plessislaer police station, since that day ther has been no corrrespondance with the detective in charge. I then contacted public protector to find solution, they said we should talk to the station commander, which we did and we were told that suspects were from another Police station (Mountain Rise) and the case has been to court and the magistrate reverted the case to IPID

My concerns are  

How can a case case preceedings happen without complainants knowlede, let alone notifying them of who the suspects are Why is it taking long since we are dealing with murder/culpable homicide

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.