Good DayA Lady posted a SOS on a faceboo...

Asked by Elize1978 on 16-05-2020 12:58:12
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

Good Day

A Lady posted a SOS on a facebook group,stating she is in danger ,being physically abused and raped by her husband and asked for someone to send police immidiatly.I reported the case to GBV and they informed the police who then went to the adress that was supplied by the lady only to find no answer. A few hours later the husband sent a message to one of the people on the facebook group stating that she was taken to a mental hospital but could not supply details of wich hospital or by whom she was taken there. The husbands phone is off and no one can get in contact with him,police have also been to the residence of the lady numerous times during today but still no answer. 

What can i do to assist futher in this matter without breaking any law? 

Is is acceptable to gather information from friends and family to determine if the Lady is well and alive?(Whatsapp messages)

Will the husband be held liable to tell police where the women currently is,or is he under no obligation to disclose where she is?

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.