Good DayI am in serious debt and have be...

Asked by Anonymous on 05-12-2017 12:51:26
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 0.00

Good Day

I am in serious debt and have been making payments for the last year now but as i have mentioned to these debt collector companies, i am unfortunately unemployed and have been struggling to keep up with the repayments on the debt. The small amounts i pay is not making any difference on the account as the interests is too high. I am also been harrassed constantly by some of these debt colletor companies (Hammond Pole are the worst to deal with). Even when i make payments and even send through proof of payment, i get threatening sms's informing me that i have NOT paid and a summons has been issued. It has probably been 3 years now and i keep gettintg sms's from different debt collection companies notifying me that i still owe money. I cannot afford to keep up with the repayments as the small payments i have been making make no difference. They simply do not care and constantly harrass me.

What are my options.?

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.