I have a business in Colesberg. My EX wi...

Asked by Anonymous on 06-12-2022 12:23:42
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Northern Cape

I have a business in Colesberg.  My EX wife worked for me.  We were married out of community of property.  Both my busnesses is in my name.  When we got divorced she worked for the bookeepers doing my books.  It was huge dramas and I moved my accounting to another firm.  They then realised that I was charged monthly for no work done.  Even my tax was submitted in 2016 last.  They started doing a audit on all my businesses.  They then found that my ex wife made invoices out to guests from my guesthouse but used her personal banking details for them to do payments into.  I never picked it up as she did my bookeeping at the bookkeeping comapny.  Can I open a fraud case against her

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.