Good day Sir MadamPlease advise on the f...

Asked by Anonymous on 03-01-2023 22:31:01
Question posted in the National Credit Act Law category relating to Gauteng

Good day Sir / MadamPlease advise on the following:A secondhand car was financed with Wesbank.Payment arrears occurred and the bank wanted to repossess.An agent of Wesbank sent a request via Whatsapp to send photos of the car to determine its condition. The car was a non-runner as the engine got damaged.After sending the photos, the agent sent another two Whatsapp messages on 22 August 2018:"Hi! Wesbank gaan die voertuig nie neem nie. Die kondisie is nie goed nie."Followed by:"Die bank gaan net die natis terughou. Dis aangeteken op die sisteem."Months later I received an email on 25 June 2019 from from NRB Risk Solutions who offered a discount on the outstanding Wesbank account and that the discount would expire on 27 June 2019. I did not pay nor responded.This is the last time I have heard from either Wesbank or NRB Risk Solutions. MY QUESTION(S):The car is still here with me. It is still a non-runner. I do not want it. What are all the legal options to get rid of it? Is stripping for car parts legal in this situation?I appeciate your help in this regard.Kind regardsLaurette Bredenhann

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.