Hi,I have a tenant that gave notice end ...

Asked by ryamarim on 23-01-2023 17:56:08
Question posted in the Landlord Tenant Law category relating to Gauteng


I have a tenant that gave notice end November with a signed exit inspection sheet dated 22 December 2022.

She failed to pay rent for December and rent is outstanding from November 2022. In submitting a view of the full outstanding amount to the agency that has the deposit, she responded noting she sees no need to pay rent for the notice month.

The current amount that is due is higher than the deposit held by the agency and the agency refuses to settle the deposit due to the dispute.

Please assist with a quote for a consultation on the process as I need guidance on how to deal with both the tenant as well as the agency



If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.