Good DayI am looking for advise on a mot...

Asked by Riana on 08-02-2023 17:41:59
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

Good Day

I am looking for advise on a motor vehicle

When my ex and I were together I lost my job and I owned a 4x4 bakkie.

But with loosing my job I deceided to to go smaller so I traded my bakkie in for the small bakkie that I am driving now.

The title on the documents are in her name but I have been paying the bakkie and the insurance is in my name.

Now that the bakkie is nearly paided up she whats the bakkie back

What in the consumer law covers me against something like this

She has also optained attorney and is threating me to come and get the vehicle without giving me back the money that I have paid up on the bakkie

Kind regards

Riana Henning

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.