good dayi left my ex husband because he ...

Asked by monique on 07-06-2021 13:38:56
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Eastern Cape

good day

i left my ex husband because he confirmed he nolonger wanted the marriage. he was meant to file for divorce, howver it wasnt happening i thus filed myself.

this all happened just before covid we were thus stuck with each other and the animosity in the home and friction thus grew.

as soon as i was able to i moved with my son as my ex husband wouldnt move and allow us to stay. we are now divorced. he is meant to pay me R6000.00 monthly. only probem is our divorce settlement doesnt stipulate whether the amount is inclusive of my sons medical aid, school fees etc. we came to an agreement that he would pay me R4020.00 monthly prior to his relationship with his now fiance. they have now bought a larger place and he emailed me through his attorney the the school fees are R2600.00 which it isnt. i have proof that hte school fees are R1400 a month. the medical aid is R800.00 as a result he paid me R2025.00

besides that my son is autistic he was paying for him to attend weekly occupational therapy classes. Hes now cut the classes to every 2nd week. i feel my sons development should not suffer as a result of him purchasing a bigger property.

i dont know how to resolve this matter as his fiance wont allowe me to talk to him directly also we are unable to discuss our son

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.