I had an argument with some guy at the t...

Asked by Teddy on 11-04-2023 00:53:46
Question posted in the General Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

I had an argument with some guy at the tavern while we were both drunk so he followed me every where I go I tried to stay away from him but he was marking me, threatening me so I got out of the tavern He followed me out and try to punch me and miss then I punched back in his face, he fell then I got home to sleep, in the morning he came to my house threatening me he will open a case if I don't pay him compansation, I refused. So my question is do police attends a case of two drunk peoples fight??

Message from the Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 12-04-2023 13:45:19

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

So just to confirm, he followed you out of the Tavern, then tried to punch you, and you punched him in self-defence?

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.