I want help with my child,his father lef...

Asked by Tshidi on 22-09-2021 12:29:09
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Limpopo

I want help with my child,his father left me with the child and he is not supporting the child,I went to court where I laid my complain,they gave me date to come to court twice and the father didn't come,I quit,the following year I went again bt the same thing is still happening,the father said he Is not receiving any letter from court,the child Is growing and I am suffering

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 23-09-2021 21:00:57

Hi there,

You need to continue with the Court process.

If the father is not getting the letters, then the court must ask the sheriff to hand deliver the letter to the father.

You need your day in court.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.