Good day! My grandfather worker for Spoo...

Asked by Xavier on 08-12-2018 15:51:06
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Eastern Cape
Question value: R 100.00

Good day! My grandfather worker for Spoornet ( now Transnet) for almost 40 years. Due his health he wasn't able to work anymore. Spoornet then suggested that they build a house for him so that when he gets his pension payout he can the pay off the house. But his pension wasnt enough so his stil owed 10000+ on the house which he would pay off . Unfortunately he died in 1996 before he could have paid the house off. Spoornet then insisted my late grandmother to pay the remaining amount. She panicked , so she made a lone at the bank (the outstanding amount of 10000+ to pay Spoornet for the house) . My grandmother struggled to pay the lone so the bank threatened to take he house and sell for that amount she owend. My grandmother without thinking clearly then panicked.....some guy came to her to buy the house , but not for its full market value , but for the amount she owend the bank. So she sold it just like that cheaply. But there were no formal agreement, or papers or an laywers paper that stated he brought the house fairly. I want do an investigation into the matter, we still have the original paperwork of the house and letters from spoortnet. I just want know , do you think we have a case , and if we do, is it a possibility to get the house back? Thank you!

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.