I recently resigned as a director.2yrs a...

Asked by Kabelo on 17-07-2020 16:39:11
Question posted in the Intellectual Property Law category relating to Mpumalanga

I recently resigned as a director.2yrs ago the company bought a vehicle and signed as a surity for it, before I resigned I wanted to surrender the car or to be replaced as surity but the guys refused to let go of the car and said they will carry on paying for the vehicle and start the process of replacing me as surity. Well I resigned and few months later I started receiving calls from the bank that the car is in massive arrears and I should volunteerly surrender it, I went back to my former partners and explained the situation and they refused to listen to me saying Im no longer a part therefore I can't decide for company's assets. I signed the papers to surrender the car but they kept on refusing saying the bank must go to court, they won't let me decide for the company that I'm no longer part of it. How do I go about resolving this issue?

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 18-07-2020 22:05:17

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

You've got a problem! The bank will sue you for the missed payments, but then you will be able to sue the company for whatever you pay the bank. This is not a good position to be in - I'm afraid. 

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.