Good dayI would like to the legal proced...

Asked by Anonymous on 04-03-2021 16:46:16
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

Good day

I would like to the legal procedure as how i can change my sons name and surname....his first name was not given by me it was given by the father which was forced on me ..the father does not support his kids and I do not know his where abouts as i have tried to contact him..his no example or role model to my kids ..he smokes weed around them openly. He actually ran away from us as he stole money from my family this is not someone I want to part of my kids lives.we are not married my question  is where do I stand with changing the name and surname of my child

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.