I'm the plaintiff and my ex spouse didn'...

Asked by Cecil on 17-10-2022 12:44:23
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape

I'm the plaintiff and my ex-spouse didn't have a lawyer, divorce 50/50. I was granted 12 months to stay on the property to find a alternative accommodation. According to law the ex-wife with minor child  have to stay in the house till it is sold but nothing is written down that they will remain in the house. I did not move out, can she get a court order to evict me and will we both have to be in court. 

The property will be sell after 5 years when the minor are finished with school.

What if i have proof of evidence/ circumstantial evidence that my ex-spouse mislead me so that she can stay in the house. Can I apply to the court to reverse or removed the 12 month stay in my divorce degree 


If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.