Hi Im in a predicament which requires la...

Asked by BONOKUHLEN on 29-07-2020 18:10:59
Question posted in the General Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

Hi Im in a predicament which requires law expertise and not sure where to start. My grandma was a sole own of a property. She then passed years ago and the house was inherited by my grandma's son and myself (grandson). Later, my uncle passed and I was left with his 2 children and his wife. My Uncle's wife tried to inherit the property but she was told that the property belongs to myself and my uncles 2 kids. Later at stage I realized that she had succeeded to change the ownership of the property to her name as a sole owner. My question is, how can I regain the ownership of this property?

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 06-08-2020 20:54:54

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

You need to bring an application to court to have her actions set aside as unlawful, and to be registered as an owner again.

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.