Hi, I just want some atwise on what to i...

Asked by Bianca on 29-04-2023 23:42:52
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Eastern Cape

Hi, I just want some atwise on what to if my childs father wants to take me to court. We are not married and we aren't together and he is no good at handling a child on his own. I have my reasons and it's his violence  and a aggressive and his like n narcissist and he is n alcohol abuser and drug abuser, and now he found an agreement between me and my cousin that I agree to let her put my child of het medical aid, so I had toe say I agree to put in het custody but we weren't at a court or at a lawyar  and my child isn't in her custody cause my child stays with me, I am engaged and I do everything for my little girl, so what can I do

Not let him get full custody of my child

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.