My husband is a military veteran and app...

Asked by Flora on 24-06-2023 10:26:53
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Gauteng

My husband is a military veteran and applied for an RDP house. He put his girlfriend name when he applied.he paid lobola for her.they separated and then we meet after a year or we are married (ICOP) with two kids plus three that I came with in the the house is out and we are living in that RDP house from 2017. I took a loan,I build five back rooms and a wall fence. When we went to collect HSS from Dept. of housing we found that  the previous ex name appears on the house.what are the procedures to follow to remove the ex from the RDP house?

Thanks in advance

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.