So a few months ago when i wasnt working...

Asked by Anonymous on 04-08-2023 21:07:55
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape

So a few months ago when i wasnt working properly a friend of mine who is a money lender borrowed me money and obviously to other people that i knew and then i had a issue with my account coz she works with another friend and this is there business. So from 4 months ago it was an amount of R43000 ive oaid some back but its still sitting on R37000 and everytime something came up and i wasnt able to pay my account was blocked, then last month her husband paid the amount to her friend whom she works with as a money lender so that, that person doesn't bother me but they also added interest on the amount they paid to that girl and that they had helped me with. Now the amount is sitting on R141000 apparently due to the interest, so i know money lending is illegal in this country if you are not a registered credit provider, but she now wants R70000 today because it was the house money that her husband paid and they busy building the house for themselves. I'm scared as i have been threatened as wellAre you able to assist Kind regards Tracey leak 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.